Wednesday, April 13, 2005

(No) Kung Fu Hustle

I was trying to get some friends together to go see Kung Fu
Hustle
last night (saw it this past weekend and had to tell
everybody how much it rocked), and things just sorta went awry for a
short time.

Steve called and said that he was going to check out his taillight and
see if he can get it fixed before the movie. And I was also waiting
for a call from Rob. So I hang out and wait and finally decide that I
should call Steve to tell them that we're going to have to go to a
later showtime. When I pick up the phone, I hear the stutter tone that
tells me that I have messages (why didn't my phone indicate it for
me). I check my messages and hear that they are from two hours before.
Rob says call him. Steve says he's getting everything fixed and should
be able to be there for the movie.

I panic (I've got 20 minutes to get there). Call Rob back. Leave a
voicemail to say I'm on my way to the movie and sorry I'm calling so
late - something's wrong with my phone. Race through the freeway then
through the streets and arrive 20 minutes late. Call Steve who's gone
home by now. He says that he went to the ticket counter to get a
ticket and was turned away because of some bank robbery. He tells me
to go to the ticket counter to ask for a ticket. I can buy one just
fine. He's pissed because he was turned away (something about a bank
robbery nearby). I told him that 20 minutes can make a big difference.

I asked him if he would still like to do something but he's to pissed
to think. I convinced him go ahead and go out to blow off some steam
and let the evening end on a good note. He agreed. I went to his
place, picked him up and we headed off to CPK to grab some grub.

All in all things ended well. But it certainly had crazy beginnings.

No comments: