Went to see Electricidad at the Mark Taper yesterday, and it was a great show.
It is a contemporary Latino East LA barrio take on Sophocles' Elektra. All of the principle role actors were amazing. The actor who played Orestes, Justin Huen, gave such a powerful performance - full of emotion - that Stephanie and I wondered how he can give it all up for every performance night after night like that. I am honored to have been able to experience it.
I DREAMED A DREAM
16 years ago
1 comment:
Thank you for taking me to see such a wonderful and moving play. I so enjoyed that young man's performance. Just the thought of his tear filled face, trying hard not to make eye contact, makes me sad and inspired all at the same time. Thank you also for the late night walk in the park. That was so cool to see the animals running around. I can not help but laugh when I think about how we must have looked when I was helping you do that back bend (ishk or eshk)thing. I will never forget that. It was completely cool. I am happy I have a basic understanding of the laws of physics. Particals, creation, and intention were extremely fascinating topics. Thank you for being who you are!
Post a Comment