Friday, April 15, 2005

Heya Chris

I've been thinking of an old friend of mine lately. He was one of the first people that I met in the blogosphere (do they even call it that these days?). I first discovered him when he was running B(oy)log, and I continued to follow his posts as he moved on to Chrisonomicon. I never had the guts to start my own blog during those times but I did get up the gumption every now and then to post a comment or two to his posts.

During our exchanges over the years we got to know each other a bit and even keep in touch every now and again. The 'net has allowed us to bridge the geographical gaps as well as pull back to those geographical limitations. I know he had a huge following, and I'm sure that many people were sad to see him go offline (I know I was!). So hopefully I can develop my writing skill to be as succinct as his was (and IS I'm sure) so that I can inspire new thoughts into the minds of those that come here to read my rambling posts.

Here's to you, Chris.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The internet is alive. It grazes in fields of CAT-5 and roams wild. If we are brave and learn its ways, we can tame it long enough to ride for a while, but be careful! It grows fast and it might forget. I let this work in my favor. :)

On the other hand, it is nice to know I left a mark somewhere.

Cheers, John. I like what you've done with the place!

Scooter said...

Hey Chris - thanks for the words of wisdom. I'll always keep them in the back of my mind. My original goal was to write for myself and to share that with whomever wishes to listen. I only hope that I don't get caught up in the wild ride.

I'm glad you like the place but it came furnished. I may need to ask for advice on redecorating at some point, though. Whaddayasay?