Sunday, April 03, 2005

Meandering Metaphysical Post

I was just talking to Stephanie last night about past/multiple/alternate lives. And it has me thinking (uh oh).

First, I think "past" lives is a limiting term. It works for us here in the physical world but when we realize that there is much more to us than these physical bodies and this thing we call time, we know that there is so much more. If I use what little knowledge I have of quantum physics, there are more than what we experience of 3 dimensions of space and one dimension of time. But these dimensions are simply curled up and imperceptible to us on this physical plane. What if there are more dimensions of time and that in fact all time is NOW. It's just that in this existence we have, stretched out before us, a couple of dimensions that allow us to easily make sense of things. It reminds me of a quote I heard awhile back ago:

Time exists so that everything doesn't happen at once; space exists so that everything doesn't happen to you.

I think there is much more to this existence than we can conceive of.

I get the feeling that I have been travelling together with both Stephanie and No. 1 during our multiple lives. They both play such important roles in this life. They both understand me so well when I feel misunderstood by so many people in life. No. 1 has helped me shape myself into the man I am today, and Stephanie has helped me validate this shaping. I thank them both for being the kindred spirits that they are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartdl with you John, theres definetly much more than we can or want to anticipate.
Nonetheless. I do think that past lifes exist.
These are not, tough, individual souls living in different times, but its rather that connection, that community with beings of our kindred, going up to God.